One week countdown commences! I am still woefully unprepared, of course.
Actually, I’m not in awful shape. I think I have everything vital either done or scheduled; I still would like a haircut and one more back therapy session, but I’ll live.
I think perhaps I am going to sadly dismiss my dreams of traveling Norway much, because it is so fucking expensive, especially to see the fjords. So, current tentative plans from Oslo are maybe:
- Fly from Oslo to Helsinki, ~$63
- Helsinki maybe 11/18=11/22, ~$20-25 per night
- Train from Helsinki to Saint Petersbrug, ~$99 (flight would be about $15 cheaper, but worth it, imo)
- Saint Petersburg maybe 11/22-11/28, $6-7 per night
- Fly from Saint Petersburg to Prague, ~$83 — I’d love to see Riga, but will probably opt for simplicity
- Prague maybe 11/28-12/5, ~$10/night
And from Prague I can begin making use of my 99 Euro, five-city bus pass that I bought today.
Hopefully work will remain steady, so while I’m living on the cheap in Eastern Europe I’ll actually be making more money than I spend, which will give me a breather.
From Prague, fuck knows. Definitely Bruges at some point, definitely back to Paris. Vienna, Copenhagen, then to the UK?
Unrelatedly, I decided to de-pinkify my fuchsia hair, because traveling as a lonely woman through foreign countries, I’d just as soon blend in a bit. So I bleached it out, and thought about leaving it just bleached blonde with some pale pink streaks, but decided to go for a subtle lavender. Which was a good idea until I realized I still had half a bottle of deep purple dye on the windowsill, and, well.